Recipes : Pumpkin Chocolate-Swirl Cheesecake
2 cups graham cracker or nilla wafer cookie crumbs
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses (blackstrap is my fave, but not necessary)
3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten and at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup milk or cream
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well a 9- or 10-inch springform pan* and wrap the bottom tightly with aluminum foil.
2. In a large bowl, place the cookie crumbs and melted butter and mix until the crumbs are all moistened. Press the crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the prepared pan. Set the pan aside.
3. In a large bowl (preferably that of a stand mixer), place the cream cheese and sour cream and beat until well-combined. Add the sugar, molasses, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, and mix until well-blended and smooth.
4. In a separate small microwave-safe bowl, place the chopped chocolate and milk or cream. Zap in the microwave for 30 seconds, and stir well until melted, smooth and shiny. Zap again for another 15 seconds if the chocolate isn’t fully melted after lots of stirring.
5. Pour half the cream cheese mixture on top of the crust. Place half the melted chocolate in dollops with a spoon (see photos) scattered around the filling.
6. Swirl the dollops carefully with a butter knife (see photos). Top with the remaining cream cheese filling, and finish with the remaining chocolate, and then swirl once more (see photos).
7. Place the cheesecake in the center of a large roasting pan and place it on the center rack of the preheated oven. Fill the roasting pan with hot water (from the tap) until the water reaches about halfway up the side of the springform pan. Close the oven door, and bake for about an hour, or until most of the cake is set, but the center is still somewhat loose when shaken from side to side. Turn off the oven, and crack the oven door a bit, leaving the cake inside.
Allow to sit for about 30 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven and chill until ready to serve.
Gluten-Free On a Shoestring
Website | Facebook | Facebook | Facebook | Facebook
Sources : Pumpkin Chocolate-Swirl Cheesecake Photo | Pumpkin Chocolate-Swirl Cheesecake Article