Recipes : Avocado Cream Chicken Enchiladas
1 large or 2 medium-sized chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
2 cups half and half
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup fresh cilantro, stems and leaves
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. kosher salt
Juice of one lime (about 1.5 Tbsp.)
1 ½-2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
6 large flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To prepare the sauce: Mix half and half, chicken broth, 2 avocados, cilantro leaves and stems, cumin, garlic salt, lime juice and ½ teaspoon kosher salt in a blender and mix well to combine. Season with more salt if needed.
3. In a large bowl mix together chicken and chiles. Add half of the avocado cream and stir to mix well.
4. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by giving it a light coat of cooking spray and a ¼ cup of avocado cream spread evenly on bottom.
5. To assemble enchiladas: Place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture along center third of tortilla and top with some shredded cheese. Carefully roll tortilla and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat placing tortillas side by side. Pour avocado cream evenly over the tortillas and spread cheese on top. (I had about a 1/2 cup of sauce leftover. I didn't want to over soak the enchiladas, but adjust according to your own liking.)
6. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until enchiladas are cooked through and cheese is lightly browned.
7. Garnish with cilantro leaves and enjoy.
The Rachelle Project
Website | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram
Sources : Avocado Cream Chicken EnchiladasPhoto | Avocado Cream Chicken Enchiladas Article