Recipes : Frozen Strawberry Squares
1 cup flour
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup slivered & chopped almonds (other chopped nuts may be substituted)
½ cup melted butter
2 egg whites
½ cup granulated sugar
10 fluid ounces whipping cream
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, crushed/smashed
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Combine flour, brown sugar, almonds and melted butter and spread in 8×8″ pan. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times. Cool
3. Once cooled, evenly press ⅔ of the mixture in the 8×8″ pan to create crust.
4. Beat egg whites and granulated sugar until stiff.
5. Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
6. Gently combine, beaten egg whites, whipped cream, lemon juice, and crushed strawberries. Spread mixture over crust.
7. Sprinkle remaining crust/crumb mixture on top.
8. Freeze for 3-6 hours.
9. Cut in squares to serve. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
Contact She Wears Many Hats
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+
Sources : Frozen Strawberry Squares Photo | Frozen Strawberry Squares Recipe